Thinking of starting a new group, or looking for advice in running one? All the information you need is here, and we're here to help.
Kennedy-Western Alumni Groups come in all shapes and sizes, from regional social gatherings to high-tech business networking
The strong network of Kennedy-Western University Groups caters to everyone who attended Kennedy-Western University. Many of these Groups hold regular events, meetings and activities, encouraging alumni to network, socialise and become supporters of the University.
There is no one size fits all approach to running an Alumni Group, however, to help ensure that volunteer-led Alumni Groups continue to offer valuable support to the Kennedy-Western University Alumni Association, and that the Development and Alumni Relations team provides the best possible services to Alumni Groups around the world
Starting a Alumni Group
In order to be officially recognised all Groups must agree to the following Data Protection Statement
The Kennedy-Western University Alumni Association is subject to data protection and privacy regulations under United State of America law, which control the use of personal contacts and data. It is a condition of being an officially recognised volunteer-led Alumni Group that the Group takes proper care of personal data obtained because of its status as an Alumni Group. If you are using information about the University or its alumni you must respect data protection regulations and personal privacy.
This means your Group must:
- use the data only for alumni events and initiatives
- look after the data (it is strictly confidential) and not lose it
- not store unencrypted data on portable devices
- respect individual's wishes about not being contacted
- if you share the data in order to organise an alumni event or initiative make sure the person receiving the data knows the rules
not keep or use out-of-date data
- review data held regularly, and when no longer needed for active use either delete or, if a record is still needed (and the data subject has not
requested their record to be deleted) reduce to the minimum necessary information
- destroy data carefully so it cannot be accessed, but keeping a skeletal record to ensure a duplicate record is not created inadvertently (College,
subject, matriculation and graduation details, dates of Group membership)
- not use the data for business purposes
- ensure the person concerned is happy with any non-business personal use
- make sure if you collect data that people are told in writing that their data will be used for alumni purposes by the Alumni Group and the University
for alumni purposes - email/website notification is sufficient
- comply with data protection laws of the country in which the data is used
aka Warren National University